Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Cammotion (though we are here, for them we are there)

"I would first like to say how very fond I am of all of you. Eighteen years is far to short a time to live among such Excellent ward members. Though I know less then half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!.......(silence).....I would like to talk on the topic of....." This will be the opening statement of my mission farewell. It might offend half the ward members, and I have to admit I would be disappointed if it didn't. I don't see why not? I'm going to be gone for two years, and I will come back for two or three weeks and its off to the singles ward. All the while I've left, the ward muttering about the rising generation, and how terrible of an influence I must be for investigators out in the field. (Ahh this thought makes me laugh to no end. Oh such joy!) Oh Mom and Dad will be fine with my despicable behavior. They have a solid reputation in the ward, and all that will be said is. "Its a shame that their son had to fall of the path." (shaking of heads) :)
Anyways life goes on, and on.......and on....and on. We moved forward in the cha cha, and its making me sweat just as much as my distance runs.
I can't seem to get the latest part down, but hopefully it will come with time. Well I'm tired and I will see you all later.

"Huh?" That one kids mind thing.

3 comments:

  1. This is your mother speaking who would not be particularly pleased with such a farewell speech. That would be right up there with Stephanie's lipsync at YW in Excellence. Those Hall kids are at it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great in both your concerts. Obviously you got the last part of the cha-cha down!

    D&C 108:7 !!

    ReplyDelete